Thursday, April 30, 2009

Week 26 (I Am For You...)

HeLLo! Another week gone by in Queen Creek Arizona! We have a lot of exciting things going on right now. There are 5 people that are preparing for baptism right now. They are all very special people with strong desires to better their lives. They want the satisfying things that come from from living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Because of the progress of these people, I want very much to stay. As time never stops, the time has come for transfers next week. I will have spent 4 and a half months here and two transfers with my companion, Elder Weller. So, it is probable that I go. If I go, then I go and that is fine, but it will not be easy. Every day I find myself happier and happier as I learn how to better serve. Working is the key to joy in this work. And not just working to be busy, but working with a purpose. With a purpose in mind for every person we speak with and every lesson we teach; with a purpose in mind for every hour I study and every moment I pray, this work becomes fulfilling. It is important to always know what we are trying to achieve and how we are going to get there. This life is one of progress and growth. And when we focus our desires and our efforts on what our Heavenly Father wants us to be, we will be blessed with peace and satisfaction, every step of the way. If we pray to God, read the scriptures and go to church, we can know of His will for us. There is peace to be had every step of the way of this life. It is in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Here we learn of our purpose and what direction we need to take in life and how. That way, one day, we can live with our Father in Heaven again in joy and happiness. I love this work that I am doing and the chance that I have to bring this joy to others. Think about your testimonies. Strengthen them. As you do, you will find a desire to share what you have too. Thanks for all of the support!

-Elder LaPorte =)

p.s. Happy 6 months today! haha

No comments: