Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Week 96 (Jaws...BrandNew)

Hi all! Here we are and another week gone by. This last week was really nice. We had a chance to meet a few new people that will hopefully be really cool. Also, this Saturday we had a baptism for Alfredo Fuentes. That was really neat. He was the last person to make his family complete in the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are really excited for them and the many chances that they will have to grow as individuals and as a family. Random side-note. When we e-mail, we go to the MCC which is a local community college to e-mail because the library is HUGE. Way better than the public library. Anyways, there was this guy that we ran into this week who was ridiculously rude to another missionary and myself (we were on exchanges) in front of a group of people that we were talking to. The reason I bring it up is because he's sitting next to me and I don't think he notices it because I'm wearing my glasses and I cut my hair last night. It's kinda weird but kinda funny. Anyways, things are going along great. I thought it would be strange/difficult being with someone who has the same time out as me in the mission but it has kinda worked out. Being conscious of the fact that we are both nearing that time, we do a decent job at staying away from that topic and those thoughts. We're kind of extra sensitive about it. Haha. As we continually strive to go forward we see the Lord bless us. We have seen lots of opposition. But we have never ceased to see the hand of the Lord guiding us through. I'm not sure what transfers will bring in 2 weeks, because one of us have to go, but I am excited to push hard and finish this transfer strong; prepped and ready for one more time. The more I dig deep, and dedicate myself, the more the Lord blesses with me. I feel a fire for this work as I pray to the Lord each day to consecrate my efforts. Last week for our zone activity we did a combined broom-hockey tournament with the Gilbert zone. This week we are playing laser tag. haha! I hope that you all enjoy yourselves and that you find comfort and strength in the promises that you have made with the Lord. Go to church and go to the Temple to renew those promises as often as you can. There is great power in this. I love you all. Welcome home Jen, Rose and Mike! Until next week!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: