Sunday, November 9, 2008

Week 1

Hey! it's me from the MTC! the computer is so hard to get to because it's in the laundry room and really hard to get a free one so I only have a few minutes. It has been a great week! Every day that I'm here I realize more and more that this is where I am supposed to be. The food is good, despite what some people might say. The Bookstore has pretty much everything you'd need and it's wAy cheap. I went to the temple today. It was nice. Mi companero es Elder Scott from Riverton Utah. I'm the District Leader for my district and I'm loving the opportunity that I have to serve the elders with me. As I do so I feel my love grow for them. The work is going well. Spanish is fun. Suprisingly, I haven't run into anything that I haven't learned yet, so I'm able to help the other Elders out. they call me El Profesor. Haha, I don't like superior titles like that but w/e. I take it because I know that they do it out of love. If anyone knows Amanda Engerbretsin (sp?) and sees this...tell her that I saw her sister on Sunday (yesterday) She gave the closing prayer at the fireside. I have also seen Elder Faulk, Elder Carter, Elder Isaaksen and Elder Forsen and a few others. It's a great place and a great experience. I'm LOVING it! There is always work to be done to fill my heart solely with a love for this work and for my Savior. I'm grateful for this program and the way that it blessses us as we follow its guidelines with exactness. This work is real and it is true! I love each one of you! PEaCE!

-Elder LaPorte :)

No comments: