Monday, November 17, 2008

Week 3 (Just watch the fireworks)

Hey, so I just got back from doing laundry. This week has been great. There is so much that I'm learning here at the MTC. The things that I am experiencing are rendering me deeply grateful for what this experience has been thus far and what it will continue to be. I have found great comfort in the Savior these past few weeks as I have had things to deal with. For the first week and a half - two weeks my companion was really homesick. In trying to prepare lessons and study with him was very difficult. He was very close to going home on several occassions but he has pulled through as I prayed he would. Dealing with this and my repsonsibilities of looking after my district have left me with little time to worry about myself. However, because of my relationship with my Savior it has been a wonderful experience. Times like these reaffirm to me over and over again that I am never alone and that I always have a friend and advocate. I love my Savior for this reason and so much more. My testimony is growing and I feel the spirit constantly. On a lighter note, this week was good. We had a zone conference and my companion and I taught the lesson in the district meeting this sunday. For those of you who know her, I saw sister Eustice finally. She actually eats during my meal time so I see her everyday. One time she was walking by where I ate and because she hadn't seen where I ate yet, I called her name out. She said hi, how are you? And I said this is where I sit! My district thought it was SO funny and busted up laughing because they thought I froze up or something becaue she's a girl. I tried to explain that it was far from that and that I just really wanted her to know where I ate because I already knew where she ate! Anyways, it was funny. I'm running out of time. IT's funny because they say I will have even less time to do things out in the field. Haha, that means I won't be writing much. JK. Time does fly by though. Thanks for all of the letters of inspiration and fun! See you next week!Love you fam!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: