Monday, November 24, 2008

Week 4 (Meet me on the other side of the block...)

P.s. Before I get started I'll just let you know that the things that I write in the subject are song titles or lyrics. I'm not really trying to meet someone on the other side of the block and I don't think about those songs during the week either. haha, I just type what comes to mind when I write the subject.

First things first. Last tuesday, for the evening devotional, Elder Holland came and spoke. It was amazing! all of the talks are, but it was definitely inspiring. There was a funny moment in class this week. We were "fake contacting" in class and the scene was my companion and I were investigators playing with a tape ball that we made, pretendingn to play soccer. The two Elders that were making an "approach" came up and one of them, trying to play with us,tried to stop the ball, but instead, smashed it. it was really funny to us, because that was totally NOT how to hit it off with contacting. haha. anyways, the other main thing I'd like to talk about is my scripture for my missionary placque. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it. I just wanted to find one that's meaningful. Alma 26:12. The TRC is where we go and teach a lesson that we've been preparing for all week. We go each week. This week was another great experience. Throughout the week I wasn't sure if we were gonna make it because there are a lot of details to learn about the Plan of Salvation which is lesson 2 in PMG. Anyways, we barely got through preparing and when Saturday came, (our TRC day) it was great. I was able to say everything that I needed to exactly how they needed to hear me. The Spirit was so strong and I felt as though I could do anything. My testimony grew about how we are capable of anything through the Lord and his blessing through the Holy Spirit. I am so excited to see what works the Lord has planned for me as I go out to serve in Tempe. I know that I can do anything that He asks of me. This week was great. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving!!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: