Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Week 13 (Best Team In Baseball...)

Well, this week was way fun as all of them are! They fly by pretty fast to be honest. On saturday, Henry was baptized which was awesome. I spoke in english because half of the people there were english people who know henry so half of the program was in english. it was nice. On monday we had interviews with President Craig. I enjoyed that. He's a really kind man and has lots of good insight. We have another baptism this saturday, so that will be fun! The work is progressing. We get a lot of people who have interest just out of the blue sometimes. Ok, a few funny things. One day we were having lunch at a families house and they were telling us about some nephews who were having a little argument one time. They were having an exchange of disses that were pretty funny. The one that I remembered was this, he said, "What if you fell asleep and I put you on a train and you woke up and said, 'Hey, where am I?' " haha. that was his diss. it was funny. also, we were teaching a lesson one night this week, and we asked this lady if she would set a goal for a day to be baptized. My companion suggested Feb. 28th to which she responded, how bout the 29th? and then her husband said, or the 30th? all the while, I was thinking, "what the?" but my companion didn't even get it. He was like, "really, the 29th? really, the 30th?" forgetting that they weren't real days. When I realized that he wasn't catching on, I pointed it out and everybody started laughing at him. He just looked flustered. haha. I think it was funniest because the gringo (me) figured it out and they expected him, if anyone, to catch on, not me. haha. Anyways, the work is exciting, and I think my language skills are improving. I think. haha. Thanks for all the letters of support, I appreciate it! Take care, and good luck in everything!

-Elder LaPorte =)





No comments: