Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Week 19 (Only In Dreams...)

Hello, hello!
This wek has been pretty eventful. On monday we had interviews with President Craig. That was nice because I always enjoy talking to him. He's a Californian too so he likes us. haha. (but not in a biased way) On Sunday I gave a talk with my companions because it was missionary Sunday. I started off and spoke about the Atonement and how when we feel the healing powers of Repentance in our lives, we will have the desire to share it with others. I used the example of Alma and Enos. We had two families come to church which was really cool, because that's usually the hardest part, getting them to go to church. They enjoyed it a lot. They must have talked about feeding the missionaries in Relief Society because the Moms from both families invited us to dinner. haha. It's really good. One of our investigators who was gettin ready for baptism didn't make to to church this sunday and we're having trouble contacting her. We're working hard to get a hold of her and help her out. It's interesting to see the different phases of someone's conversion process. It's tricky because it's easy to get too focused on the people you have and to not do any finding. Achieving the right balance is difficult sometimes but necessary. Elder Livingston who will be going home in about one transfer likes to eat out a lot for lunch. Luckily he likes Subway which is "kind've" healthy. That's what I tell myself, atleast. The work goes by fast and is very exciting when your heart and mind are focused. Random fact that's kinda shocking; in less than two months I'll be 20! haha. Anyways, I am definitely seeing the blessings of working hard in every moment. Elder Perry when he came, promised us that we would never have less than 20 teaching opportunities a week (if we try our best). We've tried our best and haven't fallen short since. The hand of the Lord is in this work. I see it every day. I love it. Until next time!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: