Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Week 48 (And There Is Comfort In the Sound...DCFC)

woaH! hey!
Hehe, week four begins and I am contintually amazed at how the time is flying by. I feel like just yesterday Elder Bradshaw came here. Crazy! Well things are going well here. Temperatures are slowly cooling down. It makes for a VERy nice evening. Hehe, a good time to catch people taking walks. There are lots of exciting prospects right now, but it will take some work to get them going. Our main focus right now is a lady named Paloma. She is very ready and very sweet. We have interviews tomorrow which I am excited about. I always love the chance to talk with President Craig. This half of the transfer we are going to increase efforts in helping Elder Bradshaw learn the area and the people in case I go this next transfer. Funny story...yesterday we went to teach a man named Ignacio outside his house. It was turning dusk and he lives close to the fields. That means MOSQUITos. Hehe, there were hundreds of them The general ambience of the scene was buzzing mosquitos and slapping hands on arms and faces. It was pretty funny to me. During one of the times when Elder Bradshaw was speaking, I had a hard time noticing anything but us slapping ourselves every 2-3 seconds. Life is good as always. It can be that we if we focus ourselves on the right things. I know that God lives and that He and His son love us. The Spirit testifies of these things to me. I know that we have a living prophet today and I am so excited for the chance that I will have to hear from him and our other inspired leaders this weekend. Keep doin good and you'll keep feelin good! Take care!

-Elder LaPorte =)

p.s. i'm so pumped that Elder Clark is having such a blast. Good luck Michael!

No comments: