Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week 50 (You Have My Attention...Copeland)

Hey! Wow, the last week of transfer number 4 here in Maricopa. Going into this week there are a lot of mixed feelings. First of all, I'm not sure what is going to happen. Although odds show that I am out, I'm not sure that I feel like I will be going. When I talked with President Craig, I could not really get a feel for it either. It will be bitter-sweet either way. If I stay, bitter because I am leaving all of these people who have become so dear to me, but sweet because I will be tasting something new. If I stay, it is the opposite. Sweet, because I am staying with such dear friends but bitter because I am still left to wait to explore something new. Hehe, and when I say bitter, I do not really mean, "bitter." It is just for the sake of the phrase. I think Elder Bradshaw will do a great job if I go. There will be a lot happening in the Maricopa Branch that we cover in the next few weeks. We should be getting a few more new members from the english wards to join us and strengthen the ward. Right now, we are still kind of just waiting for some things to work out for Paloma so that she can be baptized. We also have a really excited gentleman named Ignacio. He loves to read and fill his thoughts with the things we leave him. It makes it lots of fun to teach him. Stay or go, I look to the coming week with hope. A new week, a new transfer a new chance to try and be better. Do not ever let your short-comings and failures get you down. That is where Satan wants you. The most important part is what you do when you fall down. Spiritual Resiliance comes through the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. His sacrifice gives me the hope that I can better myself each day and try again. I know what He did is real and that there is power in it. I know God loves us. I know we are here on earth because we chose to do what is right and listen to God's will. He loves us and will never leave us without help and a way. Until next week take care and keep being better! Thanks for everything!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: