Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Week 52 (Welcome to the Jungle)



Hehe, hello, hello! If I remember correctly, the title of my blog was Live...From Tempe. or something like that. Hehe, well now it is! Hehe. Things are good here. I had my first Sunday in the Branch. Saying branch here is a little strange because it is almost the size of the ward that I served in in Queen Creek. Because the branch covers the whole city of Tempe, we have two companionships that cover the branch. Elder Jubitz, and the missionary he is training, are covering the West side while Elder Shiffler and I cover the east. Our area includes ASU campus and the Mission Home. And actually, we park our car every day in the church parking lot right next to the mission home to then ride our bikes up north. There are lots of really different types of people here. I think if I weren't a missionary, I'd be afraid sometimes. Hehe. This area was just white-washed last transfer so things are still fresh and there is all the room in the world for improvement. With so many members we are really going to take advantage of using the members to help us in the work. There will be a lot of patience required for this tedious process but it is exciting being able to just dig in and go for it. I kind of like the challenges because it reminds me of the story of the mouse in a bucket of cream. I like watching it turn into butter. Work and obedience is the key and I am excited to see what happens. Elder Shiffler and I get along pretty well. He has a really good heart and wants really badly to see some success, so we will see what we can reap this transfer. It is so good to hear from my friends and how they are doing on their missions. It is interesting to see the differences in what their work is like compared to mine. This Saturday is Halloween. That means that we can't go near Mill Ave and ASU Campus. Haha. We also are given the rule to get off the streets by 6 o'clock. We have to either be in the Temple or in the Chapel. We had wanted to go to the Temple but our Branch is having a party and our Branch President expressed a desire to have us there to meet potential investigators. So, there we shall be. But ya, This week we hope to pick up some solid new investigators. I say solid because contrary to Maricopa, you can get new investigators almost every day and talk to spanish people almost all day. So, there is a lot of filtering to do so that we don't get caught up with people who are not ready. I am excited to be working here. It is nice being in the busy city. I hope everything goes well for each of you and that you have a Happy Halloween! Send pics of what you dress as! I'll send you mine! haha!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: