Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Week 51 (Feels Like You've Been, Asleep For Days...FormAt)

Well, hello, hello! haHa, I am so used to writing "Round 1, 2, 3..etc." but this time, ROUND 1, Tempe, AZ! Hehe, I was called to serve in the Arizona Tempe Mission and now I am here in the heart of it. I cover one half of Tempe going from North to SOuth. I work on the East side. Our area includes yours truly, ASU, and thousands of other people. I have a way cooler car which by that I just mean that it is newer. That just makes it that much cooler. I am used to working in very rural areas, especially working in Maricopa, so it will be an interesting change of pace here in the city. We have one branch that we work with and we share the work with another companionship. They take the other half of Tempe. We live in a nice little, clean apartment which is pretty cool. My companion, Elder Shiffler, is from Portland Oregon. He is really nice. This is his second transfer out in the field and so he brings a lot of excitement and hope. From what I have gathered so far, there is a lot of work to be done here, so I am looking forward to the challenge.
Today at transfers, one of the people that got baptized back in Queen Creek, Gustavo, was there. He brought the missionaries from Queen Creek. Elder Weller and I were standing outside talking when we saw him off in the distance by his car. Elder Weller and I ran so fast with such excitement and joy. It was so nice to see him and to be able to have us 3 together for a moment. I know that one day he will be blessed to take his wife to the Temple when she gets baptized.
Time is short and I must be off, but I hope you all know how much this experience means to me and how much I want it to be worth every moment. I mess up. We all do. But we can change and make it better. I love my Heavenly Father and Savior for that. I love all of you. Take care and thanks so much for looking after me.

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: