Thursday, March 18, 2010

Week 71 (Testing the Strong Ones... Copeland)

Hmmm, well good day to all. As I come to write today, there is only one real thought that comes to my mind. As missionaries, you find many that are selfish about "their p-day." And, even without noticing at times, it can get the best of those who never want to hold that sentiment. Today while driving over to help someone clear out his art gallery, I saw two people down the road working on a car. After a second's debate in my mind, I told Elder Knaphus to turn around. We pulled up and got out of our van (a.k.a. embarrassing car. haha) and went up to them and began to talk. We introduced the message of the Restoration and left them with a copy of the Book of Mormon and our testimonies of how this Gospel can bless their families. I am glad that we took that moment to stop and speak to them. One, because we promised the Lord that we would. But two, because I found once again what I have found time and time again. The joy that comes from testifying and bearing witness of truth. They didn't tell us that we could come back. They said that they were fine with their Christian church. But what a joy it was to tell them what they can have if they find that the Book of Mormon is true. We can all take time in our day. Especially when it seems like "our time." That is when the Lord will place them in our paths. We who lose our lives for the Lord's sake, shall find them. Let us never think that we are too busy or too rushed to testify of what is everything to us. For if we seek to find our lives, we shall lose them. I love this work. And I love knowing that even after my time here is done, it is still not over. And neither will my joy have an end as I always seek to share the Gospel with those around me. Take care! I hope to hear from you!
-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: