Sunday, March 28, 2010

Week 72 (There Cannot Be a Close Second... Copeland)

Well, first off, in honor of Copeland I put this song title that I am pretty sure I have put before. They apparently did their final tour. R.I.P. On a more important note, things are going well up here in the White Mountains. We have been working very hard with our wards to try and help them be more involved and do so in the way that Elder Perry has outlined. I am pleased as more and more in prayers I hear them ask, "Bless us to find someone for the missionaries to teach, " vs. "Bless the missionaries to find someone to teach." We can sure do it. But the members can do it better. Especially in a community like this where in a population of around 12,000 there are 5 wards. There are a lot of members and everybody knows who the missionaries are. They either love us or they hate us. Haha, and either way, they're not interested. Except for those select few which we could find a lot more easily with the help of the good members. We have a really neat investigator who is very dedicated to studying and very receptive to the Spirit. After a week and a half, (as of yesterday morning) she had already read to 1 Nephi Ch. 17. We have a lot of other good people progressing and moving along that just need a little more time. Bit by bit opportunities are popping up and I look forward to what even greater opportunities come as we work together with the wards. We have interviews on friday which I am excited for and we went to the Temple today which was great. This is a very choice time in my life for the which I am greatly blessed. Take care!
-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: