Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Week 73 (Should I Stay or Should I Go...Clash)

Hello! Welcome to one of the fastest transfers of my life! Hehe, it seems as though the more time goes by, the faster it flies. (like it or not. hehe) We are very excited for this weekend's events seeing as it will be General Conference. It is interesting how exciting it can be for us as missionaries. It is also neat to know that all my friends around the world will be doing the exact same thing at the exact same moment. I have been reading the e-mails of Elder Clark and his letters put me to shame. Haha. Maybe sometime before I go home I will be able to capture a week the way he does. One exciting thing that I have been working on is making sure that I am a faithful and semi-detailed journal writer. If, (jk), WHEN I write in my journal tonight I will have written every night this month. I have enjoyed knowing that I am keeping a meaningful record of my life. It is weird going back to other days and seeing what was going on in my life out here. I am excited to be able to review all the adventures of these 2 years in my journal. Interviews were a pleasure as always with President Craig. They were bitter-sweet, however, because I only have two more of those left with him before he goes home. Then I will have about 4 months left with my new President. It is also interesting seeing my pool of missionaries that I know change from those older than me, to those younger than me. Whether I get transfered in a week or in 2 more transfers, it will be funny because I will have been thrown up here in the dead of winter and thrown back down to the valley in time for summer. We are having a lot of nice progress with our investigators and also with the ward members. Next transfer should be a wonderful experience for whomever stays. Hopefully Elder Knaphus at the least, if not the both of us. He has worked hard with a few of these people. What a coincidence that Easter falls on Conference weekend. I am excited for the both. The celebration of Easter is what gives us hope for what we know as the purpose of this life, which is to return and live with our Heavenly Father. I am excited to see what Easter-focused messages exist on this special weekend. I hope that all of you prepare yourselves to accept the messages shared this weekend and the feelings that come as we remember the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Happy Easter and Happy Conference!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: