Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Week 75 (Don't Stop, Believin... Journey)

It is interesting to think about the trails that we are dealt in life. Since being here, I have had many opportunities to experience more profoundly the ways in which our Heavenly Father teaches us to turn our hearts to Him. Many people have said to me that they have had things happen to them that just weren't right. They have prayed for things that they just haven't gotten. That life seems to be telling them that maybe that being up above cares a little bit less than they were taught. For all reasons given as to why they feel abandoned, lost and betrayed, I see the contrary. Any trial that we receive, wasn't necessarily because we "deserved it", but because we can handle it; if we turn to the Lord to get through it. Every prayer that seems to be unanswered in the way that we seek could be a perfect showing of the kind and thoughtful watch that our Father in Heaven has over us as He gives us not what we want, but what we need. There is no greater love that I can see than that which comes from one willing to let sorrow come upon us, so that we might personally understand the joy; and understand our need for Him and His guidance. One who is willing to see us struggle as what is best for us is given instead of what we desire. What parent doesn't understand these truths, and yet in their own moments of struggle, trial and disbelief, expect something different from a perfect father above. For myself as much as anyone else, we must see this chance that we have to struggle, to stretch, to learn and to grow as the greatest outpouring of love that our Heavenly Father could ever show. The truth is that He is there and that He does care. And as we understand the greatest source of hope and reprieve that He has given us through Jesus Christ, we will never doubt or falter. I know that my Father in Heaven is mindful of me and the struggles that I have. I know that He is yearning always for me to turn my heart to His. I know that all things are possible through Jesus Christ whom the Father sent because Jesus Christ suffered all and felt all for each one of us so that we might not be alone in this mortal journey. I love this life. I love it all. And I'm grateful to have the chance to share what makes it such a joy, with all around me. I hope that all goes well for each of you as you turn your hearts to God. Take care and never give up! See ya next week!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: