Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Week 74 (We Were Walkin Downtown... Copeland)

Hey all! I would say writing from Show Low, but I'm not there. I'm in Mesa. There was an opening down here in a spanish area in mesa because a missionary just finished his mission, so the Lord sent me here. It is bitter/sweet. We have a lot of good things lined up this transfer with a lot of good people, but I am very excited to be able to come back to the speaking spanish. This branch has been known for a lot of good things with 60+ convert baptisms last year. There is a lot of good support from the members and lots of very prepared people to find and talk to. It is also nice being in the city again. I like both types of places I guess, but I always feel nice where things are busy and people are around. Although I would have liked to stay a little longer in the mountains, the Lord knows what is best. Plus, it would have been a greater shock to have to come down in July in the middle of the summer. My new companion is Elder Stroh from Spokane, WA. He has 2 transfers left and goes home with my former companion, Elder Weller. He was the trainer to another former companion of mine, Elder Shiffler, and he was with my MTC companion, Elder Scott, for 3 transfers in Yuma. So, there is a lot of good history and a lot of good things that I believe we will be able to do. We all have our weaknesses but together we will be able to lift one another up and bring the best that we can to this area. The missionary that I trained, Elder Bradshaw, became a trainer this transfer, so that is exciting knowing that 3 generations are in the field right now and a possible 4 if this new one trains before I go home. I am excited for the change and the new opportunity to grow. As long as I am constantly trying to understand what it is that the Lord wants me to change, and DOING it, I know that the Lord will bless us. I hope that you all enjoyed General Conference and had a Happy Easter!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: