Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Week 90 (Lola Stars and Stripes... The Stills)

Hi there! Well I quite honestly was very surprised that Wednesday had approached so fast! But here we are! This week was good. Some people that we were hoping for, came to church on Sunday, so that was really neat. Lately we have been meeting a lot of people that are interested in hearing what we have to say. This weekend I will have the privilege of attending the temple to see Gustavo, Lorena and Carlos who all got baptized in May 09, go through the temple for their first time. On the same Saturday, Gustavo's wife will be baptized and the family will be complete! Tomorrow I will have the chance to have my first interview with President Howes. I am thoroughly looking forward to it. I think he will be able to share some things with me that will really help me out. The past couple of days we have been visiting a missionary from our Zone in the hospital and it has been interesting to see how many people from the church work there. In fact, last night we ran into someone from the second quorum of the 70. haha! It is interesting to see the opposition that comes from the adversary as we strive to do the Lord's will. One thing that I really love is never giving up. It is exciting to know that the Lord has told us that we can accomplish something, so we work and find ways that we hadn't ever imagined to make sure that these things happen. If we just push a little more and try a little harder, we see miracles. It is a great blessing for me to be able to serve. I am excited to be able to keep it strong until the end. I know that there is a simple peace that comes as we read the scriptures and pray daily, and as we partake of the sacrament weekly at church. There is confidence and assurance that comes as we keep the commandments. It is promised that if we keep the commandments, we will prosper in the land. I know that this gospel is true, and I know it because my Heavenly Father and Savior love me. I hope that you all have a great week as you prepare to go back to school and what-not. Bye!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: