Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Week 91 (There Cannot Be a Close Second... Copeland)

Hehe, I know I have used that subject title before, but I feel it very fitting to the way I feel today. This past weekend I had the chance to watch Gustavo and the Arredondo's go to the temple for the first time. What a special experience it was for me to be able to see it happen. The only thing that will be better will be to see them sealed as a family. When we are baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, it is important to remember that baptism is not the end, but only the beginning. For a missionary, it is our hope that they take this commitment to God, and continue on to prepare themselves for eternity by going to the temple. It needs to be the same with our lives. Many a time it might be convenient to hold ourselves to a low standard, but it is important to remember, if we are not living to enter the temple, we are missing the point of being baptized. There is not much time today, but I hope it is everyone's hope, and goal to make it to the House of the Lord that is the temple. There is no greater place to understand the will of God and how to live it our lives than in that sacred, holy house. I love this work and I am grateful that I can serve. I am also grateful for the support from each of you! Until next week!

-Elder LaPorte =)

p.s. I have to run because we are having a combinded-zone talent show. haha, byE!

No comments: