Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Week 93 (Dark Blue... j.M.)

Hey all! Thanks for all of your love and support!
This week was pretty different from any other week that I have had on the mission. Our new mission president came out to Arizona with the instruction to give us some training that would help us be better missionaries. The training spanned three days for six hours each day. I personally really loved it. Whether I was getting something out of what they were teaching me or not, I was always learning something because the Spirit was there to teach me and answer questions in my heart. That went from Thursday through Saturday. Then on Monday morning a group of us had a chance to meet with President Howes and the Assistants to the President. I was really grateful for that moment as well as I was able to listen to him and let the Spirit testify to me that he was called to lead this mission. I don't exactly know how to express how inspiring it was for me, but it was a meeting that I won't forget. He showed a great example to me of a dedicated servant of God. On Sunday, Elder Ries and I had the chance to dress up and recount the story of Peter and John, finding the tomb empty on the day of the resurrection. I made a fake beard that I cut out of paper. All the kids loved it. Overall, I have been in meetings all this week, but luckily not for the whole day. Haha. Happy Birthday to Dan! Take care!
-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: