Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Week 94 (So Give It Up...The FormAt)

Hey all! This week has been a great one. My schedule was quite opposite than the week past. This week I actually got to go out for the majority of the days and preach to people and it was great! Haha. It is funny how exciting that is for us as missionaries. We were able to talk to lots of people and find lots of new people to teach which was really neat. I am just really excited to keep the momentum going. Lately I have been reading the account of the First Vision and I have felt it be a great anchor in my days. We talk to lots of people that don't have much to say, nor do they have the desire, but then on occasion, we find someone who does want to talk but usually trying to dissuade us. As we listen and then simply invite them to read The Book of Mormon and testify of the Restoration, I feel a great peace in my heart as the Lord sustains us and lets us know that the work we are about is true. Several moments this past week that I can remember in particular, when things fell through and we were just confused and wondering why, Heavenly Father blessed us and gave us what we needed. It reminded me a lot of the scripture in Alma 26:27 -Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.-
Like the scriptures say, His eyes are on the sparrow. Not a day goes by that I am not reminded that His eyes are on me. He is watching me, protecting and guiding me, and hoping that I listen to His pleas to come unto Him. Only as we continue with faith do we see His hand in our lives. Never doubt and never give up. I hope that you all have a great week as you prepare to go to school. Best of luck!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: