Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Week 101 (Stop This Train...JM)

Fam! Hey! Well another week in Mesa Arizona and dry as a desert this week ;) hehe, anyways, things are going good here. We are seeing some good progress in the people that the Lord has blessed us with. One of my favorite things to do as a missionary is be able to see how time and time again the key to conversion is a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of the Restoration. Coming off of the tail of conference I found a scripture that meant a lot to me. I hope I cite it right but I believe it is 1 Nephi 10: 17-19. It is a great scripture that shows us what a great opportunity that we have to gain or develop a testimony of something after hearing the testimony and words of others. Nephi heard his father speak of his vision and Nephi too wanted to know and feel. He does this earlier on in the Book of Mormon too and his heart is softened as he is visited by the Spirit of the Lord. We too can have these personal moments where on the wings of inspiration shared with us by another, we ourselves take flight as the conviction of the Spirit takes us to personal heights that we have never found before. Not only do I think it wise to pray for the same conviction that we hear from others, but necessary. For until it is our own, it means nothing. In those moments when someone speaks, and you feel it...write it down, remember it and live it. Preach My Gospel tells us that applying the scriptures is to connect the bridge understanding them and living them. Whether from times of old or today as we apply the scriptures that we have been given from the Lord, we will feel the Holy Ghost working in us to develop our testimonies, making us firm and immovable. I love this gospel. I love the power that it has to work change in our lives because of the power to change that there is in Christ. This is His work and we are His servants. Until next time!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: