Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Week 102 (I've Never Seen Wonderful... Rascal Flatts)

Hello all! Well another good week has gone by! Some of the big events being that yesterday we had interviews with President Howes which was nice. It was a bitter-sweet reunion though because they had me give my departing testimony. I guess I'm glad that I got to do it later than sooner though since I have been trying to keep it from the zone that I'm goin. hehe. Today we go to go to the temple. It was neat because Elders Ries, Scott and Nielsen were there. The last time that we were all together in the temple was in Utah. The strange part was that it felt like just yesterday. We looked the same, the spirit was the same, but the cool thing is that there are so many stories and experiences that are unseen on the surface. That is what makes life interesting, especially when I think about missionaries. Knowing what I know now about what it is like thus far, when you look at the face of one who has spent this time in the service of the Lord, you can't even begin to comprehend what that means for them. So many personal battles, and struggles; triumphs and victories. I love what the Lord makes out of us in this time. I love what He makes out of us in this life. We go through so many experiences so that He might shape us into the right thing. We all have stories to tell. We can never think we know somebody too well. Through the refiners fire of the Lord, we become something of infinite value and infinite worth that is beyond comprehension of the human eye. Through it all however, He knows us and He understands us, every last part of who we are. I'm not sure if I'm making sense, but I just feel that life is such a wonderful chance we have to become something of infinite worth in His hands. And not because we're perfect. But rather, because every flaw that makes our life ours, is what charts our course and marks our path, teaching us how to one day be like He who IS perfect. I know that Heavenly Father has a purpose for all of us and that we are beautiful in His eyes. We simply must go forward with faith, trusting in what He is shaping us to be. It's wonderful.

A couple other details before I go...this week we got to take Hno. Fuentes with us to a couple of lessons. He was baptized about 6 weeks ago and it is such a joy for him to be able to come and share his testimony. I love this work! It is what the Lord wants for me. Take care until next time!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: