Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Week 103 (Landed...Ben Folds)

Hey! Well, one last chance to dance and I'll be doin it here in Mesa, AZ. Honestly, it has come SO fast that I don't have much to say about it. At one moment you're like, "Woah, it is getting close! 5 months, 3 months, 2!" But the closer you get the harder you try and ignore it until you're like me, less than a week away and I don't feel like it is happening. One thing more than all else that this experience winding down is teaching me is the important role of the Spirit in Enduring to the End. There are many thoughts, dreams, worries, needs, the list goes on... that pass through ones mind. As we try our sincere best to finish with honor and with an eye single to the glory of God, it is the Spirit that keeps us in line. It is the Spirit that lets us know what we should think, what we should let into our heart, what we should do, what to watch out for so that we stay diligent and not distracted. For me it is of the utmost importance to give my all till the end. For that I am so grateful that my Father in Heaven has provided me with the greatest help which is the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I'm not perfect but it has help me be the best I can and will continue to help me to the end as long as I hearken; that is, to listen, understand and then act. Similarly, I believe it plays the same role on a big and small scale throughout our life. The Lord asks us to be obedient to the end and to come home with clean hands and pure hearts. It is only through the Holy Spirit that this can be done. And when it is in our life, and when we pay heed to it's promptings, this journey through life becomes exactly what it should be; one of love, joy, peace and faith (Gal. 5:22) because the Spirit is with us. Our Heavenly Father wants this life to be all that we hope it will be. With the Gospel of Jesus Christ it can be. I know that He watches over us and His hand is always stretched out towards us. We just need to take hold. I love my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. It is my greatest prayer that I serve them well always, until the great and last day when I am called to our heavenly home. I love this work and I love each of you. Thanks for spending these 2 years with me. I'll see you on the other side ;) So come pick me up... hahA

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: