Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week 15 (Here I sit waiting beside the tree...hehe)

Hey! Ok, well I don't have much time to type because today was transfers. With that said, I'm still in Queen Creek! They moved me to a new house, however, and I won't know it for certain until next week. So for now, send letters to the mission home address. I have a new companion. He is from the East Bay and his name is Elder Weller. For those of you from the East Bay, you might know him. We have a few mutual friends/aquaintances. With Elder Suarez gone, I'm taking over the area. If I keep the right perspective and give it my all I can grow a lot from this experience. I have to go, so I'll write one quick thing. There were some awesome clouds and sunsets this week with the storm that came from LA. Something I noticed...When the sun was setting only the white clouds took the color of the sunset. All of the dark clouds, well, they stayed dark. The clouds that were white became something beautiful through the sun. As I thought about it, I realized that it can relate to our lives a lot. When we are doing what we should by keeping the commandments and living clean lives, life becomes something wonderful and beautiful through Jesus Christ. When we are doing what we shouldn't, it is a lot harder for Him to make something beautiful of our lives. He can paint our lives in a beautiful way that can only come through living a clean pure life. Life can be beautiful through Jesus Christ. There's a lot of symbolism in nature I've found. This life is a learning experience and we can find something in every aspect of it. I love life and I love this work. It is changing people's lives for the better. Jesus Christ lives, and through Him, we can live with God once again. They love us and I know this. Until next time, take care!

-Elder LaPorte =)

p.s. I can't send it this week, but I'll send a picture of that sunset next week.

No comments: