Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Week 17 (I'm-a take you there...)

Hello, hello! Another warm week in Queen Creek. This transfer thus far is pickin up LOTS of steam. We're keeping way busy. One thing that might make things more interesting is the fact that there are 3 of us now. We just got another companion this last thursday. His name is Elder Livingston from Salt Lake and he was transferred from another mission to finish things off here. He has about two months left. He is a welcome asset because he can understand just a little better what people are saying. With three of us, it also gives us the opportunity to do more work by going on splits because we only need one person. Our ward mission leader is a big help with that. Our ward is starting to get really involved in helping out with the missionary work. It's a slow process, but with patience it will come. We had Zone Conference on monday with President Craig. It was nice. It's crazy how fast time is flying by already. I'm already going into my third week of the transfer and that is the half-way mark. Time goes by fast when you're busy with good work. I hear it will only go faster. In some ways I hope so, and it others I pray it never does. The more I do this, the more I love it. There are so many ways to improve and so little time to do it in. This work is great and from all of the things I've seen and experiences I've had, there is no doubt that the Lord is at the head of this work. As we read in Moroni, Ch. 10:4, if we pray with real intent to have missionary experiences, they will come. That means if we have the intention to do something with the opportunities that we pray to have, the Lord will give them to us. These opportunities are precious to him, and he gives them to those who truly will do something with those experiences. I love it! Have a great week! All is well in Queen Creek!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: