Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Week 16 (There cannot be a close second...)

Hey! So, this was another good week in Queen Creek. I wasn't sure how it was going to go, seeing as I was responsible for remembering how to get everywhere and who to see. It hasn't been that bad. In a very real sense I have felt my memory improve and now I never fail to know how to get where we need to go. Plus, my companion has a GPS just in case. It makes things a lot easier. Things are speeding up quite nicely here now. We are finding ourselves very busy. Lots of opportunities to find people and teach are popping up. I was going to send some pictures today, but the attachments won't work. I'll send my card home soon. Happy Valentines Day to all of you lovers out there! haha, I kind of forgot that it was Valentines Day. We were helping with a walkathon-fundraiser and drivin around teaching teaching teaching. Because our house is not as central now, we use a few more miles (understatement) but that's ok. The Assistants to the President came on splits with us last night. One of them went with me while the other went with our Zone Leaders. My companion went with our ward mission leader, Hermano Santos, to some appointments we had. Elder Faulkner is the Elder that went on Splits with me. Anyways, as I think I said last time, my new companion is Elder Weller and we live in a little house with the Zone Leaders, Elder Lee and Elder Hillyard. I have decided to start making myself trail mix to keep with me as I go throughout the day. Eating less, more often. Elder Weller and I have been spending our extra time rearranging our room and settin up bunk beds. Our room looks way nice now. We bike a lot to help save miles, so that's good exercise. We ride fast too, so we actually get a workout on our legs. I'm liking all of the work that we have to do right now. We basically work work work, sleep, then do it all over again. "Eat, sleep, repeat" if you will. haha. Anyways, do not worry, I have been thinking of things that might be useful to have for my birthday. I know it's a few months of, but hey! why not? hehe. I'm finding that the longer I'm out here, the better I am getting on focusing on the work. I am loving this work and these people a lot. It sneaks up on you without any warning. I remember right before the last transfer, my old companion, Elder Suarez, and I were in a meeting at church and they asked if any of us would be transferred. He said he was for sure staying and that there was a chance that I was going. In my mind I was like, ya, probably. And then all of a sudden, I got a little sad. And I had only been there for 6 weeks. Regardless of the success that is had, when you serve the people with all of your heart, you grow to love them, without even knowing it. This next week will be busy and great. Until then...!!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: