Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Week 35 (I was hanging on her words... Cope)

HeLLO!
Welcome to Maricopa, inc. 2003. The currently growth-halted town of Maricopa brought warm temperatures this week. Hehe, it is said that you get to know summer well when you go through July and August here. Well, after a few playful weeks of cloud-cover, the sun is setting in. I think you know it is summer when it is 90 degrees at 7 o'clock in the morning and 100 at 10 p.m. Haha. You actually get used to it. Today I was able to go to the temple and it was great. A visit there is always something welcomed for me. A lot of thoughts come to mind when I think about things that I have learned, but probably the one that sticks out the most right now is that of trials. Trials, and how no matter what the magnitude, Heavenly Father is by our side. The beauty of trials to me is that, the harder they are, if endured well, the better off you'll be in the end. You come out stronger, happier, having greater perspective and a greater faith. Among trials and challenges the last thing that you can do is deny your faith. At times testimonies might be shaken but you cannot let them rob you of your faith in God and Jesus Christ. Through fervent prayer, they are the key to get through anything. Day by day I know more and more that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me. I am never alone. I am never weak. In them, I am everything. Happy Fourth of July!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: