Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Week 40 (You're My Best Friend...qu)

Hello!
Hehe, well another week gone by! This week was definitely less occupied with monsoons like other weeks have been. Temperatures are still high, but I like it. Water has never had so much beauty. I do not have much time this week, but I will quickly tell of a cute couple in my branch. The Schellenburg's. I do not know why they have that last name because they are definitely Mexican, but that is alright. A phrase to describe them would be Brady Bunch. Brother Schellenburg brings 8 children from a previous marriage and Sister Schellenburg, 4. They feed us every tuesday and are very fun to be around. They are always acting like little children around one another. It is fun to see. It was at the Schellenburg house that I called home for Mother's Day. Brother Schellenburg likes to tease his wife and she reacts very quickly. They were made for each other. They are always willing to help and have a great love for their Heavenly Father and Savior. Meeting so many people and seeing their dedication to the Lord and to our Heavenly Father strengthens my testimony and increases my gratitude daily. With firm testimonies planted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, this work will go forth as Joseph Smith said, "Boldly, nobly and independent..." The Lord's hand is in our lives each day. We just have to ask for it, and then recognize it. I love this work and I love my life. Until next week!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: