Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Week 43 (It's Obvious...Circa)

Hello from Maricopa! Just 2 weeks until transfers and 1 and a half weeks until I find out what happens to me! It is funny how fast time goes. This transfer has FLOWN by! Hehe. Lots of exciting things are happening. This Friday we will be having a baptism for a wonderful person named Cedar. He lives in Ajo and he is very ready! We have had a lot of wonderful help from our Stake President and the Ward Mission Leader. I love seeing members in action. Every time it leaves me more and more resolved to be the same when I get home. What greater joy than helping bring souls unto Jesus Christ. I finished the Book of Mormon last Thursday which was great for me. I read slowly but I love every minute of it. My thirst for the scriptures grows daily. For that, I am grateful for Personal Study time in the morning. Elder Holland says that if we want to know what kind of day we will have...just look at what happens from 7-10 a.m. These moments are so crucial to prepare us spiritually for the day. I know that it can be the same in our every-day lives. We need to find a time for us that works in which we can give time to satisfy our spiritual needs. President Craig talked not too long ago about recharging ourselves Spiritually, Physically, Mentally and Emotionally. I know that these needs are very real and we cannot neglect any one of them. I am grateful for inspired leaders that are here to help me grow. They truly speak what I need to hear to be able to continue forward, building the Kingdom of God. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love this gospel and all of you for your support. Take care of yourself in all of these aspects so that you can become what your Heavenly Father knows you can be. Until next week!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: