Thursday, November 12, 2009

Week 54 (Brother, I'll follow you...)

Hello all! Well this year, like always, never ceases to amaze me as to how fast people prepare for Christmas when Thanksgiving, let alone Halloween hadn't even started. I am now being tempted by my favorite festivities which include Egg NOg, eGG nog shakes at Jack in the BOx, Peppermint Ice Cream and Egg nog ice cream and many wonderful christmas sweets at trader joe's. (i can walk to trader's in 6 mins. drive in 2.it's a dream) anyways, i'm holding out till december to partake of these treats so as to not spoil the fun of the different seasons.
With the rest of things, it is going well. The weather is warm and the work is slowly progressing. Elder Shiffler and I are almost finished creating our program for the Branch that will hopefully jumpstart their involvement and excitement in the missionary work. Tomorrow we get to go and listen to Elder Evans of the 70 speaking to us as he tours the mission and gives President Craig a report card. (so-to-speak) I am very excited. We are bit by bit getting more solid people to teach which is what we need. I know that the Lord's hand is in this work and that he blesses us when we are ready for it. I know that I am called of God to serve and that He loves each one of us. Thanks for all of the support and take care!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: