Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Week 56 (Give... Little Stream)

I know I said Happy Thanksgiving last week. Apparently I was premature in my gesture of goodwill. Today, I just as sincerely and genuinely wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow! Today started off nicely by going to the Temple. One thing about Arizona that reminds me of home are the cold, crispy mornings. They do not really seem cold to me, but more like refreshing. Such a pleasant treat every day. This past week has been pretty eventful. Our district has been having a lot of baptisms, so that has meant that I have been running around doing interviews. I really like it. It is a great chance to reaffirm my testimony as here hear the beautiful testimony of these people. I see the gospel in a slightly different light each time, for the which I am very grateful. We, ourselves have also been able to commit a few more people to set a goal for baptism and we hope to see them through. A lot of people are in tough spots, barely getting by. It is hard sometimes for them to focus on the message that we bring, or rather, hard for them to think that they have time to focus on it. However, when they do, they find a peace amid their trials that is a long-awaited reprieve. Watching people to change and learn to rely on the Savior instead of themselves builds my testimony greatly.
I also had the privilage of having interviews yesterday with President Craig. I always love talking to him. He is a very wise man with a very great love for the Lord. People like him, along with the members I work with, are great sources of inspiration and guidance for who and how I want to be when I finish this time of service. I want to be able to give all I have, whenever possible. I want to better want what the Lord wants and better do what he does. I love this chance that I have to be molded and changed. I love this work, and I love the Lord!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: