Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Week 57 (Have A Holly Jolly Christmas... Format)

Hello! Well, I completely forgot to announce the coming of transfers but come they did. Elder Shiffler and I are both very excited to stay together and keep pooling our efforts to help this branch. On December 1st I changed the calendars and wore a green and red plaid tie. We also put up colorful Christmas lights that were already in the apartment. We put on the Christmas trees and I have made sure to enjoy a small portion of egg-nog every day. For Thanksgiving, our dinner got canceled, but we had a few back-ups that worked out. While we were typing up some papers for our program at the Brach President's house, they invited us down for Thanksgiving lunch. Then after that we finished our work and went to have desert at another house with some other Elders. Later that night we got stopped by some homeless people who thought that we were some other missionaries. I gave him a dollar and he gave me a long, drunk, awkward hug. The following Sunday we had Thanksgiving dinner again with a wonderful cook who feeds us every Sunday. It was all delicious. The only thing that I couldn't get my hands on were sweet potatoes. That's ok though, because I like Mom's the best. Things were great though. I am excited for this new transfer and new opportunity to dig in. I also got to baby-sit my trainer the last 2 days before he went home. That was funny. He was way trunky. ByE!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: