Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Week 81 (You Know Me... The FormAt)

Hey all! I just wanted to write quickly about faith. The more I'm out here the more I understand why faith is the first principle and ordinance of the gospel. As it says in Ether, we receive no witness until after the trial of our faith. Sometimes I think that in having faith we let it pitter out a little too soon. A trial comes, we see it through, hoping for the answer to follow, and then it doesn't. And we figure that it wasn't meant to be, or it wasn't meant to happen. When instead I think many times, it is just a greater trial than we understood. The Lord was just expecting us to hold out a little longer and have hope a little brighter. The Lord will always follow through with His promises. It is not for us to decide when or how He will keep us word but to just believe and wait, all the while doing our part to make it happen. This week will be fun, we get to go to a Sealing of a family from Tempe that I got to know and that Elder Ries baptized. They are way neat. Lots of people are popping up that are looking for the truth and it is exciting. Even though I have a car, I love riding my bike, especially in the city. There are tons of people to talk to and tons of smells of food from the restaurants. I love how our senses take us back to such specific moments. Last Sunday we got to see the Temple Dedication of the Gila Valley Temple. It is very pretty. I look forward to the progression of the Gilbert and Phoenix Temples as well. Take care! Thanks for your letters of support!
-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: