Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Week 78 (Here's To the Crazy Ones... @pple)

Well hello to all! Here I am reporting for week 5 of my stay here in MEsa, AZ. So far, so good. Things are looking really up for the end of this transfer. It is quite amazing to see how many hearts are ready here and how quickly they come. The Lord is preparing His children to receive the gospel. This 6 week period is looking to be the best that we have had yet. The month of May is looking to be the same. Earlier today we went to the temple. I was grateful that I was able to go there and try and understand some things that the Lord has in store for me if I do what is right. Tomorrow we get to have interviews with President Craig. It is kind of bitter-sweet as I contemplate the reality that he will be going soon. This will be one of two more interviews that I have with that man. I have grown to love him and appreciate all that he has taught me as a missionary but more-so, as a son of God. His wisdom is great, and his love and devotion to the Lord and others is greater. I plan to welcome with whole heart the new Mission President that comes along, I just don't know what it will be like. The longer that I am out here, the more the Spirit tells me more precisely what it is that I need to do and become before I get home. The hardest thing to do, but the greatest thing to work for is a heart completely devoted to the Lord. A heart that looks past personal needs and seeks always first, the spiritual priorities of God. I am still working on it, and always will be, but I know that I will never regret it. In my efforts to do so out here on this mission, I have learned more of myself, and more of my Heavenly Father and Savior than I ever thought possible. I will forever be grateful for the blessing that it is to know the Lord as we serve Him. It is a relationship that I can develop all my life. I have no doubt that God is real and that He is mindful of us. I know that He has created this world so that happiness would come through pure obedience to His laws. I know that Jesus Christ gave His life for those moments when we fall short of what God asks of us. I know that we can live with Them again. I am excited to know it even better, and hope that all of you experience the same. Prayer, scripture study and going to church; simple, but key. ByE! Happy Mothers day to all, present and future!

-Elder LaPorte =)

p.s. Happy Birthday to Mr. & Mrs. Barnes on the 7th and 8th =D

No comments: