Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Week 86 (Skies So Blue... T.R.S.)

Hey fam! Hey all! I don't have much time this week, but I thought I would let you know how everything is going. This last Saturday, we had Alma's baptism. She was so excited and filled with joy. I was glad to be able to be a part of this big step in her new family that she is starting off. Luis and Alma are a young couple with a little baby boy and are very excited and determined to do things the way the Lord would have them done. We have been finding a lot of people but not all of them seem to be truly looking for the gospel. That is the thing about missionary work. There is a fine balance between teaching those that like to learn and those that are truly searching. The hard part is sticking only with those that are truly wanting and desiring the truth. That is what we are trying to do. Lots of people, but not as many of them are truly desirous. So we move on. As we show the Lord that we are willing to make better use of His time, He blesses us with the elect. There is always someone ready for the truth. And whether we find them or the members, they are waiting and praying and ready when we come. It is a beautiful thing. I love this work and this gospel. I love my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. I am thankful for the chance that I have to serve them all my days, but especially these precious 2 years. Thanks for all of your love and support! I hope to hear from many of you soon!

-Elder LaPorte =)

No comments: