Monday, December 22, 2008

Week 8 (Can you still feel the butterflies...)

Hey! Seasons Greetings and Merry Christmas!!
As you might have guessed/known, I'm writing from the MTC. I guess you could say that this is my Christmas e-mail. First-off, crazy trivia...I leave a week from tomorrow to the hot aRizona sun! hehe, all of the Elders in my group are way excited. We learned all that we were required to learn as far as spanish goes so we've just been reviewing and practicing. Thanks so much for the Christmas cards and packages! I very much enjoy them. I'd like to mention today an event that really helped me know that God listens to us and cares for us. I'll be quoting from my journal-
"Yesterday was a great experience. For a while I've been admiring stories from members of my Branch Presidency when they talk about moments where the Spirit has directed them in very specific ways. Por ejemplo, Brother Worthington was talking one time about his experience as a Stake President how at times, (when prompted by the Spirit) he would a take a ride in his car through the boundaries of his stake and when the Spirit would direct, stop at a house. He said that pretty much every time he did this, something was needed. I've often wondered what it must feel like to have the Spirit to direct in such a specific way. For myself, I knew how to follow feelings from the Spirit and some thoughts as well, but I wondered what something that that would feel like. Yesterday, when talking to Hermana Bahlman in an interview, I remembered my admiration for President Monson when he said that he always wanted to be worthy of the Spirit and be disciplined enough to listen to the Spirit and act when the Lord needs him to bless someone else. I have wanted that for myself too, but wasnt' sure if I'd ever know what it would feel like. Well, last night, when getting ready to do some stuff with my companion elder scott, I got the impression to go visit the new district that had just come in that week. I told him we should go and so we did. We didn't know who or what was needed, I just felt like we should do it. I figured someone just needed a "Hi" or a smile. We went to the first room with some members of the new district, and no sooner had we opened the door and said hi, did one of them start to cry. I knew then that the Lord was willing to bless me with an opportunity to fulfill my desires and bless that Elder who need comfort. The Lord loves us. this work is Great. Merry Christmas! Love ya'll!

-Elder LaPorte

No comments: