Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Week 9 (Do you feel?...)

Happy New Years Eve! If I remember correctly the title of the blog that my brother is keeping, it says, "Live, from Tempe..." Hehe, it is more or less true now! I arrived in Tempe yesterday where I was greeted by President Craig (my mission president), his wife and some others right when I got out of the security line. We then went to the mission home where we met all of the people that help in the mission office. However, just before that we had lunch which several ladies made for us. It was sOOo good! Eventually, we went to go visit the Mesa Temple and walk around it. I really liked it, it's pretty. Then we came back and had dinner provided by some people of a nearby ward. Once again, it was delicious. Then we went and stayed the night in a house of members from the local ward. I was assigned to be with Elder Moreno and go to the Roach's house. They are an older couple that lives together. They were very kind and had much to say. We were able to share a spiritual thought with them. I slept like a baby that night because I had gotten up at 4 that morning. They made us breakfast and then we met up at the church with our trainers. That is where I met Elder Suarez who is my trainer. We also have Elder Johnston with us who will be leaving to go home in two weeks. We will be in the Queen Creek Zone. I am very excited. We drive cars here so don't worry about my bike Mom. I'll probably get it half way through this transfer period. Thanks for all of your support! I'll give you my address and pictures next wed! ByE!

-Elder LaPorte =)

p.s. my p-day is on Wednesdays

1 comment:

MomLaPorte said...

Well, I am so happy that Elder LaPorte is now in Arizona and doing so well! :) It is fun for me to look at all of the e-mails and pics all together. Wes, you're doing a great job with Trent's blog....he couldn't ask for a better brother than you!!! :))